The Medicinal Properties of Cannabis
By Apr 03, 2019 0 Comments
The Medicinal Properties of Cannabis
Nowadays, researchers working on medicinal fields have been trending to focus on one unconventional component- marijuana. Many doctors are using cannabis as a medicine. Being a grade-1 restricted substance, marijuana is almost a strict no-no for the researchers, courtesy to the government. But still studies exist and so we delve in the medicinal impacts of this wondrous chemical.
What is Cannabis?
Cannabis is a derivative substance extracted from the cannabis plant (Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica). This plant usually grows wild anywhere and in any climate, though recently many indoor hydroponic plants have evolved for more controlled and productive cultivation, and special strains of cannabis like the Orange Kush cannabis are also available. Almost all parts of the plant are potent and are used to make various forms of cannabis.
Cannabis is most commonly used in three forms, i.e. marijuana, hashish, and hash oil. Marijuana is made from dried flowers and leaves of the plant. Hashish or hash is the product of the resin or gum secreted by the plant. Hash oil is the most potent cannabis product which is extracted from hashish.
The main psychoactive and euphoric content of cannabis that gives the so-called “high” in cannabis users is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, more commonly known as tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. Apart from this, cannabis also contains certain other chemical components like cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), cannabichromene (CBC), cannabinol (CBN) etc. that have more or less certain psychoactive and medicinal properties.
Medicinal Properties of Marijuana
Though marijuana is a grade 1 restricted substance, recent studies have revealed that it is actually a quite helpful and wonderful substance when it comes to health. Recent studies suggest that cannabis and its chemical components can do a major deal in treating many major diseases.
- A study published in the journal “Molecular Cancer Therapeutics” have shown that cannabidiol has the power to turn off the "ID-1" gene, which is responsible for tumor malignancy, and hence helpful in cancer treatment.
- Marijuana also has been reported to work on diabetes. Recent reports already inform us of marijuana seeds for medical use. These seeds have chemical compounds like cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) have been reported to control blood insulin levels, blood glucose level and hence work on diabetes.
- Cannabis has been found as the most promising drug in the case of Alzheimer’s. According to a cell study, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) shows competitive inhibition against the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE). Acetylcholinesterase induces amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) aggregation, causing Alzheimer's disease.
- It is believed that the most common use for cannabis for medical purposes can be cited as relief against chronic pain. CBD is also popularly used for pain, however, the CBD dosage for pain should be kept a check on. Widely used in the 1800s, cannabis still remains a great boon to people suffering from chronic pains, which is a leading cause of disability in modern times. Certain studies show that cannabinoids have a substantial analgesic effect. This is why certain medicines like Sativex has been developed from cannabinoid derivatives and being used successfully. Cannabis can also be paired up with your daily dosage of steroids and cause no harm.
- Use of CBD for anxiety, depression issues and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has been going on for long. A review article "Medical cannabis and mental health: A guided systematic review" published in the Clinical Psychology Review has gone through this matter and reported that marijuana, the cannabinoids to be precise, evidently can relieve depression, anxiety, and PTSD conditions. Clearing your mind with full spectrum CBD oil from budget buds is really helpful as it is a very good acting component in this aspect.
- Though it is unbelievable, cannabis smoking reportedly improves lung health, prevents asthma and has a real positive effect on the breathing capacities of our lung. Thus, it has an interesting impact on the respiratory system.
- Terpenes, the fragrant oils that give cannabis its aromatic diversity, have many medicinal impacts similar to the cannabinoids.
- Research work on 420-CBD on animals has been going on since the 1940s. These chemicals are found to be psychoactive and many medical impacts have been discovered.
You can easily get cannabis products from medical marijuana dispensaries and also can order weed online from online dispensaries. Several products of the cannabis plant are being used for different purposes. Cannabis can be consumed in different forms like oil, edibles, and through a vaporizer as well.
Research properly before you begin treatment and go through the reviews thoroughly too. You can also refer to marijuana guides for more information about the benefits and usage of it. Medical marijuana has been attracting the attention of the public and the researchers for long. Legalization of the substance is a lengthy procedure, but sure this may be the revolution in the history of medicine.
Visit Caregivers For Life 310 Saint Paul St Denver, CO 80206 for all your marijuana needs.